Thursday 18 July 2013

Lithography

Lithography is perhaps the most error prone, time consuming, and frustrating way to make multiples of your drawings. However, once you get past the first couple months of struggling, it can become the most rewarding printmaking technique. For me, when I am in the process of printing lithography, I tune into the rolling, the inking, the counting, the printing, and it becomes quite relaxing and satisfying. 

I drew this with a grease crayon onto stone, and after taking it through various etching stages, I printed it while using a chine colle technique.



 For the more loose and washy drawings such as this one, I first apply xerox toner powder to a ball grained aluminum plate and draw into it with my fingers to create images. 






 ...Horsepower

 More drawings on stone with grease crayons and pencils.











No comments:

Post a Comment